My Visitor Map

You've been marked on my visitor map!

Green Everywhere

GO GREEN!!!

Kamis, 30 Agustus 2007

The Digestive System













Hi, I am a sandwich. I have chicken smoke, letuce, cheese, tomato and omelet inside me. As a food I know that I had to be eaten by everybody and have to gave tham energy and some vitamin. Come and join my adventure to the digestive system from the first until the end.
Aww!! She started to bite me with her strong and solid teeth. After I turned into small parts the tounge help me to get down the esophagus.
Now I was in the esophagus. The esophagus is a tube that connected your mouth to your stomach. Your esophagus is a muscular tube and the mucles in the esophagus helps me to get down the stomach.
I was in the stomach now. In the stomach I get mixed up with some liquids until I turned into something like water. After that I went to the small
intestine.
Now I was in the small intestine. The small intestine is about 20 - 25 feet long. I was very dizzy being in the small intestine because it was twisted, folded, and turned many times. It was like a big bowl of spaghetti, but the small intestine was more organized.
After that I went to the large intestine. The job of the large intestine is to remove the water from the undigested food. After the water has been removed from the undigested food it turns into solid waste. The solid waste collects in the rectum then finally leave the body through an opening called anus.
That is the end of my adventure to the digestive system.
The Facts:
1. After food has been all mashed up in your stomach, it's called chyme ("kime")!
2. An adult stomach can hold approximately 1.5 liters of materials.
3. The stomach's wall is lined with three layers of powerful muscles.
4. The small intestine is a long tube about 1 and a half to 2 inches around, and about 22 feet long.
5. Food stays in your stomach for 2 to 3 hours.
6. The large intestine is about 3 to 4 inches around, and is about 5 feet long.
7. We get two sets of teeth. Our 20 baby teeth are replaced at around 6 - 7 years of age with our 32 adult teeth.
8. You get a new stomach lining every three days!
9. Your body makes about one liter of saliva every day.
10. Your large intestine takes your undigested food paste and turns into solid waste by removing the water.
Bibliograhy:
Avison, Brigid (1993)
I wonder why my tummy rumbles
Kingfisher Publication
Review the Digestive System with the Digestion MAP.
Accessed on August 2 2007






















5 komentar:

amandakad mengatakan...

I think you should get 6/10 because some of your writing did not make sense to me You also need at lease 4 rescorses as told on the class blog. Nice picture! It has great colours too!

Commented on September 4, 2007

-Amanda

Unknown mengatakan...

Amazing...I think that is the words suit for you and well done for what you have achieved....congratulation honey...

I want to make the correction for the pict that you placed there during your holiday in Malaysia. The one that you placed is the pict at butterfly farm, not at the temple one. Please change it honey in order to avoid any wrong perception to the readers.

Your story about digestibility system is absolutely good, and don't worry that anybody should have the fiber for their daily meal to protect harder job for your intestine.

Well done and keep on creating......

Love you....mmmmuuuuaaaahhhhh

SHILA'S BLOG mengatakan...

Michelle I will give you 7/10 . Because some of the words are not organize in a proper way and you need to see other peoples work as an example. So please check again.

Jane Ross mengatakan...

Hi Michelle P. Your total score is 33/40. You got the following:
Knowledge 10/10
Spelling 5/5
Punctuation 5/5
Descriptive Words 3/5
Creativity 4/5
Relevant Pictures 3/5
Bibliography 3/5

Christina Alizka mengatakan...

You should get 6/10 because as what Amanda said, some of the sentences doesn't make any sense to me and the bibliography. And the rest of your story is good.